Ever been stuck in a sucky place? I mean, other than the DMV, traffic, or between two smelly people on an airplane. The sucky place I am referring to is the land of the unknown. The city of “What the fuck are we doing here?” The nation of “I don’t know how to define us.” I’m talking about relationships, people. Ever dated someone for months on end, and have no idea what it is that you actually ARE? Welp. I have. It’s pretty confusing and very frustrating. Ladies, we HAVE to set clear boundaries as soon as we enter these “relationships” because if we don’t, lines get blurred, feelings get hurt, and personal property gets…well *ahem* Anywho…let me be CLEAR though. Giving a man an ultimatum will certainly run him off. You can’t ask for a commitment. You can’t force it on him. You have to let him know what you want, and he can accept it, or not. If he doesn’t want what you want, leave. Being clingy is a HUGE turn off. But I won’t talk you to death. Here are 5 things that so many women do WRONG when it comes to dealing with men:
1) Pretending you don’t want anything serious either and keep on sleeping with the man “casually” in hopes that things will grow from the “physical relationship”
2) Staying close to him by trying to become his “best friend” as you help him in his life and with his problems – all the while imagining the “payoff” of a real relationship for your good deeds once he recognizes how great you are
3) Trying to make him jealous by telling him you’re seeing other guys, even if you’re not. Or going out with other guys and doing things with them not because you like them, but because you want him to find out and want you back
4) Getting upset with him and telling him he’s dumb, immature, and acting like a little BOY…and that he’s just scared of a real relationship and a commitment – and then trying to get him to have a relationship with you to “fix” himself
5) Trying to make him interested in you by complimenting him, doing nice things for him, taking up things he’s interested in to be around him… and being available to him at anytime he should show interest. This is kind of like trying to be his “best friend,” but different since it’s often still sexual.